Helping you to lighten your toxic load
Helping you to lighten your toxic load with Modern Botany's hearty nettle soup. Nettles are a great source of Iron, and were traditionally used for problems with the lungs and for breathing so this is also a great recipe for overcoming colds and flus.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Leftover potatoes boiled x 2
- Leftover cauliflower x 3 florets
- Vegan butter spread or oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- 2-3 gloved handfuls of nettle heads
- Same amount of wild garlic or three leeks whichever you prefer
Peel and chop the onion, garlic and potatoes fry in the pan for 5 mins until brown.
Trim the nettle tops free from stems and wash thoroughly.
Do the same with the wild garlic or leek.
Add all to the pan, make up the stock and pour over.
Boil for 15 mins and season with salt and pepper.
Toss a handful of flax seeds in to a hot pan and toast lightly.
Pour, top with soya cream and toasted flax seeds and enjoy!
- Tags: digestion, Flax, Food, Foraging, gut health, health, Healthy diet, immune system, iron, microbiome, natural, Nettles, Soil to fork, Soup, Vegan, Veganuary