As the newest member and Co-Founder of Modern Botany, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself to our amazing followers and explain my role within the business.
I have been in the beauty industry for almost 36 years, which makes me sound old, but I don’t feel it; although today is my 55th Birthday! I have worked with many brands and organisations over the years and I truly believe that selfcare is skincare and we need way less products than we believe we do.
What we need are products that are focused on nourishing and conditioning the skin, helping to hold moisture, and resisting over stimulation and creating inflammation. One of the best ways to have a strong immune system and slow the ageing process is to not aggravate and overstimulate our skin - which is why I love working with Dr. Simon Jackson, creating products that assist in living a well life… age old solutions to living a modern life.
I have just completed a 21 day fast in a clinic in Germany ‘Buchinger Wilhelmi’ nestled in the hill tops overlooking the beautiful Lake Constance. This was my 6th time at Buchinger and each time it feels a little more life changing. There will be a blog on our website at the end of January where I share my journey, so please do check it out. But in the meantime, I wanted to share our vision at Modern Botany with you and also my six easy to follow top tips on selfcare…
At Modern Botany, our vision is to be a brand that focuses on the SOIL: Sustainability - Origin - Integrity – Longevity; these beliefs, (which can be used in many ways) are our focus, concentrating on the power of nature and our ingredients. Please do visit our website for further information…
MY SIX TOP TIPS FOR SELF CARE
- Sleep - it reduces inflammation within the body.
- Meditation - it calms the mind, body, and spirit, and reduces anxiety.
- Body and face brushing - it stimulates the lymphatic system.
- Eat - a varied diet which should include at least 10 portions of fruit and veg most days. Remember the rainbow and always include fibre; I know it’s boring, but it is life changing - if you want to live a long and healthy life this is the one must!
- Walk - get as many steps in as possible, think about using weights to help build muscle which is something that is so important as we age.
- Love - what you do and the people around you and if you don’t, please don’t be afraid to change it. Happiness and gratitude are essential if we want to live a joyful life.
You owe it to yourself to be an athlete in your own life and to achieve your goals. In my mind to have Health, Joy, Love and Laugher in your life is definitely a life well lived!
- Tags: face brushing, health, integrity, longevity, love, meditation, Modern Botany, origin, selfcare, skincare, sleep, soil, Sustainability, walking, wellness